Christina owns and operates Keurwood Equestrian, located in Erin, Ontario, which was established in November 2011.
Christina has been riding and training horses since 1992, and has a gift for working with sensitive and hot horses that have been deemed unsuitable for other riders. Her focus has been training young horses for the show ring.
Christina has also competed in:
- The National A Jumping Circuit:
- Beginner jumping classes and 4-Year Old Jumper Development Series (Vistosa)
- 1.10m-1.30m with a career best of 6th place at 1.30m (Travola)
- The Central Western Trillium Hunter Circuit:
- Ranked 5th overall out of nearly 50 competitors in the 1994 Trillium Children’s Hunter division (Nuttin Fancy, 10 show series)
- At local shows and was Champion and Reserve Champion in the Hunter ring (Jamaica)
Christina has been breeding Warmblood horses since the late 1990’s and imported several horses from Europe, mainly Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. She focused her breeding efforts on horses with outstanding pedigrees that could product foals with unique colours including palomino and buckskin. Her first dilute foal was a palomino Warmblood colt, Bali, who was born in 2006 out of her foundation mare, Jamaica.
In 2017, Christina began breeding Frenchton (French Bulldog x Boston Terrier) puppies and currently breeds Pomsky dogs (Pomeranian x Siberian Husky).
Christina’s experience includes:
* Honours degree in Biomedical Sciences
* Academic training in equine nutrition, stallion/mare management and breeding management
* Certified Class IV medical laser therapist
* 10 years patient and client management in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries
* Provided strategic consulting to Gencor’s (now EastGen) Equine Breeding Department
* Animal welfare and wildlife rehabilitation
* Volunteer at veterinary and emergency animal clinics
* Houses rescued dogs and cats and is part of the SPCA Barn Cat program and feral cat rescue groups
Please allow for up to five (5) business days for our reply.
Keurwood Equestrian Horse Stables and Pomsky Puppies